A collective meditation on environmental issues in artwork.
By Marshall Weber, Brooklyn, NY and
Dana F. Smith, San Francisco, CA
2010 - 2011
highly variable edition of 20 +2AP copies
printed on various handmade and exotic papers.
Price is $3200
This book uses provacative quotes from artists across the United States in order to form a collective meditation on environmental issues in artwork. The quotes are illuminated by highly manipulated images appropriated from the media of the recent Deepwater Horizons Oil Drilling Platform disaster in the Gulf Of Mexico. The resulting gritty, grimey photo-collages are printed on beautifully contrasting fancy papers with digital inkjet techniques.
Concept and photograph appropriation by Marshall Weber.
Digital production and printing by Dana F. Smith.
Design and layout by Dana F. Smith and Marshall Weber.
Ink jet printed on various exotic papers with Epson pigment based inks.
Binding hand sewn by Dana Smith.
Additional notations and handpainted elements by the artists.
Published by DanaDanaDana Limited Editions,
San Francisco, California, 2010 - 2011
Additional Quotes by: Hugh Pocock, Baltimore, Allyson Mellberg and Jeremy Taylor, Harrisonburg, Kurt Allerslev, Manhattan, Rigo23, San Francisco. Fred Rinne, San Francisco, Christopher Wilde, Los Angeles, Alan Lande, Seattle
- The Victoria and Albert Museum, London, England
- Library of Congress, Washington, DC
- University of Vermont, Burlington
- Scripps College, Claremont, California
- Boston Athenaeum, Massachusetts
- Occidental College, Los Angeles, California
- University of Miami, Florida
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
- University of Central Florida,
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California
- Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut
Buy a copy of
|Question? Contact Dana via email.|